How to know that you may have a sewer drainage problem?
Sewer drainage problems do not happen overnight. Often times, there are signs and symptoms that precede a total sewer drainage collapse. Some of the major signs you should be on the lookout for if you suspect a sewer drainage problem include:
– Unpleasant Smell: When sewer lines are functioning properly, the pipes are always airtight. However, when blockages occur, they lead to cracks and openings in the plumbing network of your home or yard. Openings and cracks such as these ultimately lead to the release of foul smell. If you begin to notice a stench of a gassy nature in or around your home, then there may be a problem with the drains.
– Backups in several fixtures: When water begins to back up in places like the laundry, toilet, or sink-it is a strong indication that there may be a block in your home’s main sewer drainage pipe. This is normally a situation that calls for the plumbing services of an expert and not your snake cleaners.
– Mold on walls or ceiling: When mold begins to grow on the walls or ceilings of your house, it is an indication that there may be a broken sewer pipe at the other side of the wall. Scenarios such as this are often backed up by an accompanying foul smell.
– Using one fixture triggers a backup somewhere else: For example, when you flush the toilet and it causes water to back up in the bathtub-it could mean that there is a clog somewhere in the sewer line which forces water upwards. These backups may also arise in other places such as the basement drains and sinks.
– Clearing J-trap and Plunging don’t solve the problem: When the expertise of your most trusted plunger doesn’t solve the clog problem in the sewer lining, then it is time to call for expert plumbing services.
Why Sump Pumps are useful?
Sump Pumps may be easily overlooked by most people but their importance in every home cannot be over-emphasized.
– Reducing mold and mildew build up- A sump pump keeps the basement dry at all times and in turn prevents mold and mildew build up. This helps to keep your house’s building material in good shape and equally reduces health-related problems that may arise as a result of toxic releases from molds.
– Sump pumps are really useful when you are dealing with large-scale flooding especially when a heavy rain prompts your basement to be flooded. Sump pumps always come in handy in these scenarios.
– Flood-related fire disasters in the home can also be avoided since sump pumps will always keep your basement dry and prevent the short-circuiting of electrical appliances there.
What are the main reasons why sewer drainage problems occur?
Most sewer problems arise due to the accumulation of the following materials in the pipe network.
- Toilet paper
- Tree roots
- Food waste
- Tiny objects
Uncontrolled tree root growth can also lead to major sewer line damage if they are not put in check.
How to choose the most suitable water heater?
Water heaters are essential gadgets that every home must have. However, it is important to make sure that when selecting a water heater for your home, you choose the most suitable one.
The perfect water heater will always tick the following boxes:
- High-level energy saving capacity.
- Large capacity.
What to do when water leaks occur?
Leaks can occur at any time, and while we may have a measure of control over them through several leak detection systems, some leaks may still happen undetected. When they do occur, the first thing to do is to stay calm… you’ll only make things worse when you panic. Just follow these steps and you’d be able to put the situation under control.
- Locate the water source and shut down it completely.
- Contact your insurance agent and inform him/her about the situation.
- Then go ahead to call for expert plumbing services from a trusted company.
What to do when water pipes get frozen?
Frozen pipes can cause major damages if not dealt with immediately they are discovered. If you have some frozen pipes in your home’s pipe system here is how you can deal with them.
– The first step is to shut the water flow from its source.
– Trace the frozen pipe back to see if you can find where it is exposed. Exposed frozen pipes can be easily thawed… start at the tap head and work your way back to the frozen area to make sure that the trapped water flows freely.
– Use a moderate source of heat like a hair dryer or warm towel to thaw the frozen pipe. Never use an open flame to thaw a frozen pipe as doing this can lead to more damages.
How to detect a water leak and are all leaks visible?
The best way to detect a water leak in your home’s plumbing system is by first checking your water meter. Shut water flow both inside and outside the house and check the meter for any readings. If you find the meter taking a reading, chances are that you have a leak somewhere. You can also try this process over the space of 2 hours to confirm the leakage.
Note, however, that not all leakages are visible. Some may take a while to notice. So if you can’t locate the leakage and your water meter indicates otherwise, chances are that there really is one. A careful search will always reveal the subtle leakage.
What is a tankless water heater and how it works?
Tankless water heaters, unlike the huge storage water heaters, produce hot water on demand and save you money on energy in the process. They heat water directly without the use of a storage tank. When hot water is needed, cold water passes through a unit which heats it before it is released.
How do garbage disposals work?
A garbage disposal system works in a rather unique way. It comprises of impellers or lugs mounted on a spinning plate which continuously force food waste against a stationary grind ring. The ground waste food is passed out through the grind ring into the wastewater pipes.
How do faucets work?
Whenever you need water to wash your hands or take your bath, faucets make it available. With a simple twist or lift of the handle, you get a gush of water immediately. The faucet works based on the principle of pressure which keeps water always running through the pipes. A simple twist or flip of the lid releases water at a high pressure.
Why Install a Water Treatment System?
A water treatment system is an important part of a house’s plumbing system. It cleans water that runs into heaters and pipes, prevents mineral buildup in tap outlets, and allows you to have safe drinking water in your home at any time.
What kind of regular maintenances should be done in a household (regarding plumbing)?
Carrying out regular plumbing maintenance helps reduce the risk of plumbing problems arising in the future. Here are few you should not miss.
– Check for frozen pipes always and unfreeze them.
– Whenever you notice the tiniest leak, always be quick to fix it.
– Clear clogs if you can or secure expert plumbing services if you can’t do so by yourself.
– Keep a constant check on water pressure to ensure it is functioning at the stipulated rate.
– Always clear exterior drainage.